Oluwakemi Memorial Foundation is a non-profit organisation with the mission to raise awareness on the causes, treatment and management of asthma and to help provide a better quality of life for people with asthma in Africa.
Asthma is a major cause of chronic morbidity and mortality through out the world. The prevalence of asthma symptoms in children varies from 1 to more than 30 percent and is increasing in most countries, especially among young children. At Oluwakemi Memorial Foundation, we are aware of the need to educate African communities of the underestimated effect of Asthma, how to minimise it and emergency procedures to take in event of an (asthma) attack.
In addition to our informative approach of creating awareness, we recognise the importance of a safe and healthy environment, particularly to children who are more vulnerable to poor living conditions and the development of chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma.
We aim to foster strategic relationships with public health institutions and relevant governmental agencies to promote increased awareness of asthma as a major public health problem and positioning it as a national priority disease.
Accountability & Transparency
- We have transparent governance and are accountable to our stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- We manage our financial resources in an efficient, transparent and accountable manner.
- We have a clear mission, supported by strategic objectives that are achieved through good management.
- We develop and maintain the organisational capacity necessary to support defined goals and objectives.
- We plan, monitor and evaluate programmes for effectiveness and in response to community need.
Partnerships & Collaboration
- We build and sustain strategic partnerships to support coordinated and comprehensive responses to Asthma and related respiratory health problems.
- We build and maintain a collaborative approach to asthma care by working people with asthma, healthcare professionals, asthma organisations and government groups.
Increase asthma awareness and provide a better quality of life for people with asthma.
To be the Africa's leading asthma awareness and advocacy organisation.
Oluwakemi Memorial Foundation is registered as a non-profit organisation in Nigeria under the Companies and Allied Matters Act 2004 regulated by the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Oluwakemi Memorial Foundation is governed by a Board of Trustees.